Shapeways prospects who initially go to our factories are sometimes surprised to see the sheer energy of 3D printing manufacturing up shut and private, realizing the large capabilities such know-how represents. 3D designers and engineers are capable of innovate like by no means earlier than, creating and sustaining management over product improvement from the idea part to manufacturing–and with loads of entry and affordability for iterating in between.
Streamline Processes for 3D Printed Product Concepts
Pace in product improvement has all the time been the driving pressure in 3D printing. Whereas 3D printing manufacturing was a behind-the-scenes magic bullet for many years, pushing engineers forward for purposes like aerospace and automotive, additive manufacturing has erupted into the mainstream as a manner for inventors to chop out loads of pink tape in seeing their merchandise delivered to life, and delivered to market sooner.
One should query whether or not some groundbreaking merchandise in the present day could be obtainable with out all the advantages of additive manufacturing behind them, and the flexibility to make complicated geometries unimaginable by way of another methodology. The 3D printing course of streamlines manufacturing and eliminates the necessity for tooling or making molds, compared with conventional manufacturing like Injection Molding or CNC Machining.
Conversely although, additive manufacturing may very well be used to save lots of on the underside line and velocity up manufacturing for Injection Molding with 3D printed mass manufacturing of molds that may be made in quite a lot of supplies, together with thermoplastics and metals. Outdated industrial components will also be scanned, modified as wanted, and re-born seemingly out of skinny air. That is particularly essential for purposes like automotive or railways, with the 3D printing course of saving not solely infinite hours spent making an attempt to trace down decades-old or utterly out of date components, but in addition in providing the aptitude to fabricate them shortly after which save them in a digital stock for on-demand 3D printing.
Unprecedented 3D Printing Design Freedom
Shapeways prospects are arrange for achievement from the start, particularly with the flexibility to select from a variety of 3D printing supplies which might be versatile and robust–but light-weight–leading to high quality prototypes in addition to high-performance, purposeful components. The additive manufacturing trade simply continues to come back into its personal, and so do the various proficient designers Shapeways has the privilege to work with.
Listed below are some nice examples of designers taking full benefit of design freedom and streamlined manufacturing processes provided through 3D printing at Shapeways:
- Drone producers like Quantum-Techniques are capable of invent, fast prototype, and 3D print drone components for modern UAVS, sending them racing over roadways and site visitors to ship take a look at outcomes to labs in minutes somewhat than hours or days. Superior 3D printing drone supplies and know-how are at their disposal as they iterate with Shapeways, whether or not they should take a look at one prototype or 100.
- Architects can design in 3D for interiors or exteriors, with the flexibility to prototype giant components after which 3D print with extraordinarily consolidated meeting; for instance, Shapeways 3D printed a six-foot-long, customized toilet vainness for an upscale rework on a California dwelling. Counting on Nylon 12 [Versatile Plastic] and Selective Laser Sintering, the assertion piece shortly arrived to Verner Architects the place they assembled the 3D printed toilet vainness simply after which handled it for waterproofing earlier than set up.
- Worldwide firms like Uruguay’s Armor Bionics typically work with a way of urgency in designing 3D printed medical fashions that they check with as GPS programs for surgical procedures, performing as full roadmaps from diagnostics to complicated procedures. The design group makes use of their talent in 3D modeling to create complicated medical fashions, sends them to Shapeways for 3D printing, after which surgeons carry out the last word process in finishing profitable surgical procedures.
- Jewelers embrace the large design freedom 3D printing know-how provides, creating high quality jewellery designs like bracelets prototyped and 3D printed in Nylon 12 [Versatile Plastic] or solid in treasured metals like Sterling Silver. Impressed by the idea of ‘3D printing water,’ jewellery designers Groen and Boothman realized that 3D printing was the one know-how appropriate for his or her latest Components sequence, that includes distinctive luxurious keepsakes.
- Industrial design corporations like Flamingo Works are capable of 3D print modern new platforms for coaching surgeons in robot-assisted surgical procedures. Using gamified studying for medical coaching simulators, Flamingo Works partnered with Shapeways to 3D print colourful but difficult shows, providing the chance for higher instruction with robotic grippers.
“We’d develop one talent and take away one other whereas prototyping,” defined the Flamingo Works group. “3D printing with Shapeways gave us the liberty to check out infinite new concepts in the course of the product improvement part.”
Shapeways Designers Are Set Up for Success in 3D Printing
Designers have the flexibility to add as much as 20 fashions without delay, any time of day or evening, with immediate 3D printing quotes obtainable, 3D printability evaluation, and customised suggestions if vital. Larger freedom to innovate is already an enormous advantage of 3D printing manufacturing in any case, however powder-based additive manufacturing makes life so much simpler with out necessities to compensate for intricate help buildings. That is very true with extremely adaptable 3D printing supplies like Nylon 12 and accompanying know-how like Selective Laser Sintering or Multi Jet Fusion.
Any potential constraints in design are additional eradicated as unsintered powder bolsters buildings within the 3D printing course of, stabilizing them with out the necessity for different help supplies. The additional powder can simply be recycled into the following 3D printing cycle, and components aren’t weak to wreck in post-processing with elimination of helps.
A whole lot and 1000’s of components will be nested along with a know-how like SLS, permitting for exponentially sooner 3D printing velocity in manufacturing too. For Shapeways prospects 3D printing mass manufacturing, having the ability to work with the Consumer Utility group to handle and optimize practically each side of product improvement is of giant profit too.
“Shapeways is there to assist with any and all questions on design, manufacturing, supplies, and the processes that make our prospects’ fashions come to life,” says Zach Dillon, Consumer Utility Crew Lead at Shapeways.
Take pleasure in the advantages of this superior know-how and a variety of supplies from Shapeways for 3D printing your creations with accuracy, complicated element, and no minimal or limits by way of mass customization or single half orders. Shapeways has labored with over 1 million prospects in 160 international locations to 3D print over 21 million components! Examine case research, discover out extra about Shapeways additive manufacturing options, and get immediate quotes right here.