The previous couple of weeks have been nothing wanting dramatic over at Twitter headquarters. However earlier than we get into that, I simply wish to thank dark-paul gosselaar for our cowl picture inspiration.
And I’d be remiss if I didn’t point out that I sympathize with the entire staff who’ve been let go, by selection or not. Hundreds of individuals dropping their jobs isn’t a laughing matter and by no means am I making gentle of it.
How we received right here
Elon Musk posted eight tweets in the present day, which is stunning for somebody who needs to be busy working an organization (into the bottom).
However his newest spherical of modifications is an undoing of one in every of his earliest acts as new CEO, which was to ban Kathy Griffin and others for poking enjoyable at his management.
However the week began with Musk sending out an (encrypted?) electronic mail to all staffers informing them that they are going to be fired except they work at an “extraordinarily hardcore” price to construct “Twitter 2.0”.
Shortly after the e-mail went out, Twitter introduced that they had been locking their doorways (some say they’ll reopen on November 21). All remaining staff had been knowledgeable that their badge entry had been revoked.
This was the scene at Twitter HQ final evening:
And Musk tweeted:
He does know individuals love watching a practice wreck, proper?
Both method it looks like conversations are flowing, opinions are flying, and engagement is thru the roof.
It’s no marvel that so many individuals suppose that is the top for Twitter. Even Musk is becoming a member of in on the …er, enjoyable?
Let this sink in. Musk began his first day on the job by firing prime executives, together with the CEO, Parag Agrawal. Quickly after, a number of others adopted swimsuit. Let’s have a look at who’s gone:
- CEO Parag Agrawal
- Chief Monetary Officer Ned Segal
- Head of authorized coverage, belief and security, Vijaya Gadde
- Basic Counsel Sean Edgett
- Chief Info Safety Officer Rinki Sethi
- Head of Safety Peiter Zatko
- Chief buyer officer, Sarah Personette
- Chief individuals and variety officer, Dalana Model
- Chief advertising officer, Leslie Berland
- Basic supervisor of shopper and income product, Jay Sullivan
- Basic supervisor for core applied sciences, Nick Caldwell
- Chief accounting officer, Robert Kaiden
- VP of world shopper options, Jean-Philippe Maheu
- Head of Worldwide Communications, Julie Steele
- Head of Belief and Security, Yoel Roth
- The worldwide head of social and editorial
- The director of ML ethics, transparency, and accountability
- Chief info safety officer
- Managing director of Twitter Studio
- Head of location technique
Those that haven’t been fired are selecting to stop on their very own phrases. The explanations? Peter Clowes helps clarify why some are selecting to not comply with Musk:
So is Twitter achieved?
Possibly? One in every of its remaining staff has advised Newsweek reporter Travis Akers the web site “has a couple of week left earlier than it’s lifeless.”
Some individuals aren’t satisfied.
It’s troublesome to imagine that Musk would spend $44 billion on the platform simply to look at all of it burn in a matter of weeks. However I additionally suppose he underestimated how a lot the workers would endure. With the entire conflicting info on the market, it’s laborious to know what to imagine. We’ll attempt to preserve this web page up to date with the most recent info because it’s popping out. Keep tuned!
New on Search Engine Land