For years now EVS and Cisco have been partnering collectively, pioneering modern applied sciences that energy the infrastructure wanted for IP based mostly LIVE manufacturing, and accelerating the transfer from conventional SDI broadcast to IP broadcast across the globe. Transitioning to IP opens the door to new capabilities and presents the scalability, flexibility, and futureproofing wanted for media workflow operations.
Final 12 months, at NAB (Nationwide Affiliation of Broadcasters) 2022, we launched Cisco’s Nexus Dashboard Cloth Controller (NDFC), previously Cisco Knowledge Heart Community Supervisor (DCNM), as a brand new strategy to handle IP based mostly Media Materials. Cisco NDFC is a complete SDN answer that permits the provisioning and administration of community infrastructure throughout a number of places at scale.
EVS Cerebrum is a well-established broadcast management system utilized by among the world’s largest broadcasters to handle advanced reside productions and media workflows.
The combination of EVS Cerebrum and Cisco NDFC not solely simplifies administration of IP-based manufacturing workflows and community infrastructure for media, but in addition supplies deep visibility and monitoring capabilities enabling operators to simply determine and troubleshoot points successfully.
Cisco NDFC runs as a service on prime of the Nexus Dashboard (ND) cluster that may be both a bodily or digital equipment and supplies simplified and enhanced end-end material automation capabilities in addition to monitoring and visibility for Cisco IP Cloth for Media (IPFM) deployments. Cisco NDFC embraces an entire Kubernetes-based micro-services structure making it simple to horizontally scale and construct massive materials that assist enhance efficiency and reliability. It additionally helps an active-active HA mannequin with layer2 and layer3 reachability for 3-node clusters and supplies a uniform and enhanced person expertise all through its modernized, color-coded UI and dashboards.
Key highlights of Cisco IPFM answer with NDFC
- Straightforward Cloth builder – Helps pre–configured coverage templates that comply with trade’s finest practices, to construct your Cisco IPFM underlay and Non–Blocking Multicast (NBM) community in minutes. This considerably reduces the time to provision a Cisco IPFM community. This additionally ensures the community is all the time compliant with the configuration based mostly on the person’s intent.
- Position Primarily based Entry Management – Permits the task of various roles to completely different customers, per material, for a granular coverage deployment.
- Multi-Tenancy – Means that you can logically isolate prospects or consolidate a number of NBM energetic and passive (bandwidth conscious NBM) workflows on the identical material with VRF assist.
- Multicast NAT – Cisco NDFC permits step-by-step Multicast NAT configuration. It will probably assist configuration templates for Ingress and Egress Multicast NAT, Unicast to Multicast and Multicast to Unicast translations. Along with configuration, Cisco NDFC supplies full visibility of pre- and post- NAT flows, in each tabular and topology views.
- PTP Monitoring with modernized views – Together with PTP visibility in a tabular view, Cisco NDFC supplies a color-coded topology view of the PTP information that features port standing and grand chief clock standing.
What’s New for Cisco IPFM with NDFC 12.1(2)
- Elevated Swap Scale Help for Cisco IPFM materials – From Launch 12.1(2), you possibly can uncover and handle as much as 120 switches in your Cisco IPFM material, with capabilities to watch PTP and RTP move monitoring at this scale.
- Co-existence of IPFM and Basic LAN based mostly materials – Customers can now handle their Cisco information heart deployment with Basic LAN templates and Cisco IPFM deployment with IPFM templates utilizing the identical occasion of Cisco NDFC.
- 3-tier structure for Cisco IPFM materials with NBM – Along with conventional backbone leaf templates that Cisco NDFC was managing for IPFM deployments, now we have added assist for 3-tier Cisco IPFM structure. Customers can provision and handle a sub-leaf linked to an current leaf within the Cisco IPFM material, permitting materials to scale comfortable with out the necessity to redesign current deployments.
For extra particulars, take a look at the “What’s New in Cisco NDFC Launch 12.1.2e video”
EVS Cerebrum and Cisco NDFC Integration Highlights
- EVS efficiently migrated from Cisco DCNM to Cisco NDFC utilizing simplified backup restore migration workflow and Cisco NDFC Relaxation-API’s.
- EVS is leveraging NBM energetic mode and NBM host and move insurance policies to handle dynamic bandwidth allocation for audio, video, and ancillary flows. This integration supplies tighter management of the multicast streams as they steer intent and insurance policies from Cerebrum.
- Offloading the administration of the community to Cisco NDFC permits EVS to increase assist for versatile, scaled, and distributed IP-based architectures with ease.
- EVS is supporting connectivity to each RED and BLUE NDFC for Excessive Availability (2022-7) designs, deployed in 24/7 services.
- EVS is at the moment within the means of integrating Multicast NAT capabilities with Cisco NDFC.
EVS Cerebrum Capabilities
Along with its superior automation capabilities to handle a variety of broadcast operations, Cerebrum is “stream agnostic,” that means it will probably assist ST-2110 environments in addition to transport streams, similar to Dante and different IP flows.
Cerebrum assist for NMOS requirements ensures interoperability between completely different IP-based gadgets and techniques and simplifies integration of NMOS-compliant gadgets into current infrastructure together with native non-NMOS gadgets. This streamlines broadcasters’ migration expertise via gradual transfer to IP. Try their numerous assortment of drivers right here.
Because the system is very customizable, it will probably create customized person roles and permissions to satisfy the precise wants of every broadcaster, whether or not person interfaces for bodily shoppers or internet interfaces for distant shoppers.
Meet with us at NAB Present 2023
As the printed and media trade continues to evolve, bringing collectively two highly effective instruments for managing IP-based LIVE manufacturing, EVS Cerebrum and Cisco’s NDFC, is a serious step in enabling broadcasters and media corporations to ship high-quality content material effectively and successfully.
Study extra about these options and see extra Sports activities, Media, and Leisure Options from Cisco
Go to us at NAB Present 2023 April 15-19 on the Las Vegas Conference Heart within the West Corridor, sales space #W3742
We’d love to listen to what you assume. Ask a Query, Remark Beneath, and Keep Related with #CiscoPartners on social!