Cisco Nexus Dashboard Material Controller (NDFC) is a scalable utility for managing Fibre Channel SAN. Nevertheless, in some instances a single NDFC server might not be environment friendly. For instance, it might be a greater answer for giant world environments to make the most of a devoted NDFC server for every area or division. However how do you get a centralized view of the worldwide SAN infrastructure when utilizing a number of situations of NDFC managing separate areas or departments?
The reply is NDFC One View. It delivers the centralized administration and visualization of a number of SAN environments which might be managed by completely different NDFC servers.
What does NDFC One View supply?
NDFC One View supplies insights into what is occurring inside the Fibre Channel SANs at a number of areas in a single pane of glass. It presents the next:
- Government Dashboard: Vital and related data.
- Sooner Troubleshooting: Centralized view of the material and swap well being.
- Elevated Collaboration: Outline the entry utilizing Function-Primarily based Entry Management (RBAC).
- Excessive Availability: Every taking part NDFC server can run on a 3-node active-active Nexus Dashboard cluster.
- Simplicity: Single Signal-On (SSO) permits seamless click-thru navigation to any of the servers that take part inside NDFC One View.
- One View in Context: One View is at all times only a click on away through a breadcrumb whatever the taking part NDFC server.
You’ll be able to view a abstract of all of the SAN switches throughout the globe on the NDFC One View Dashboard. Nevertheless, for making a change on any of the switches, similar to making a zone, you could try this from the NDFC server that manages that swap. NDFC One View simplifies this inter-cluster navigation with a single log in, so that you would not have to recollect which switches are managed by which Nexus Dashboard (ND) clusters.
How does NDFC One View work?
NDFC One View is an intuitive presentation layer. Solely when accessed, it makes use of the RESTful APIs over HTTPS transport for retrieving the information from the taking part NDFC servers. NDFC One View doesn’t retailer any extra knowledge, or enhance the storage requirement of the ND clusters.
No Further Licensing Necessities for NDFC One View
Not like different competing options, there isn’t any additional license for NDFC One View. If you have already got DCNM superior license for managing Fibre Channel switches, you can begin utilizing NDFC One View in the present day with no added value.
How is NDFC One View completely different from Cisco Nexus Dashboard One View?
Cisco Nexus Dashboard (ND) One View and NDFC One View are completely different options. ND One View supplies centralized administration of Nexus Dashboard itself, which is a internet hosting platform during which functions similar to NDFC can run. In distinction, NDFC One View supplies centralized administration of the worldwide SAN Infrastructure that’s managed by completely different NDFC servers.
How is NDFC One View completely different from DCNM Federation?
DCNM SAN, the predecessor of NDFC, supplies excessive availability utilizing a Federation. The taking part DCNM servers in a federation should use an externally shared Oracle RAC database, which will increase the entire value of possession. In distinction, Nexus Dashboard integrates all of the required providers, together with the distributed database providers, which offer native active-active clustering. This design makes NDFC One View much more reasonably priced.
How-to setup NDFC One View?
It’s straightforward. First, configure distant authentication for the Nexus Dashboard clusters. Then, add the handle and the credentials beneath Infrastructure > Cluster Configuration > Multi Cluster Connectivity.
To study extra, watch the “The way to setup NDFC One View” video
NDFC One View supplies centralized administration of a number of Fibre Channel SANs which might be managed by completely different NDFC servers. Not like different competing options, there isn’t any additional license for NDFC One view to handle your world SAN Infrastructure.
- Unlock the total worth of your Storage Space Networking answer.
- Retailer knowledge securely and entry it sooner with Cisco MDS 9000 sequence switches.
- Shield your funding with 64G-capable pace and excessive efficiency for NVMe/FC and all-flash array storage environments.
- Work smarter with automation, acquire deep visibility, and safeguard your knowledge with Cisco SAN options.
To study extra, there’s a wealth of knowledge positioned within the Assets part beneath.
Resolution Overview: Speed up the Efficiency of All-Flash NVMe Storage Arrays with DIRL
Cisco Weblog: SAN Congestion Innovation with Cisco DIRL.
Cisco Reside Session: Ed Mazurek – DIRL the Actual Resolution For SAN Congestion