With synchronous movement, the SELECT Synchro system boosts throughput 20-40% for many functions in a 60% smaller footprint
Nordson Electronics Options, a worldwide chief in electronics manufacturing applied sciences, introduces the brand new SELECT Synchro™ selective soldering system for high-volume printed circuit board meeting functions. The SELECT Synchro is a multi-station selective soldering system (patent pending) that makes use of a novel, synchronous movement to extend throughput, enhance cost-of-ownership, and supply flexibility for electronics producers.
The revolutionary SELECT Synchro system can substitute present selective soldering operations to enhance yield and save area for a lot of through-hole and SMT mixed-technology soldering functions. Moreover, the Synchro system can assist electronics producers to step away from wave soldering with its quicker, versatile, and environment friendly operations, in comparison with typical selective soldering options.
Key advantages of SELECT Synchro:
- Elevated Throughput – Eliminates board conveyance time by as a lot as 25% whereas delivering excellent solder joint reliability, boosting throughput 20-40% for many functions.
- Improved Value-of-Possession – The space-efficient system is as a lot as 4X shorter than typical selective soldering gear, leading to 60% discount in footprint.
- Good – Robotically balances the method to broaden flux and soldering flexibility, growing throughput whereas offering traceability.
- Versatile – Configured with 5 solder pots to match manufacturing wants for various alloys, and totally different or singular nozzles. Handles lengthy boards as much as 460mm vast and 2500mm lengthy in the usual mannequin and boards as much as 680 x 2500mm within the Synchro XL mannequin.
- Enhanced High quality – Improved course of controls can be found for closed-loop wave top verify and automated adjustment, fluxing course of controls, course of digital camera for viewing nozzles, and board warpage management.
The way it works: Contained in the revolutionary SELECT Synchro system, a board is pulled at a continuing velocity by the fluxing, pre-heating, and soldering course of steps. The flux and solder applicators are programmed to comply with and deal with boards as they journey by the gear to ship synchronous-motion selective soldering. A number of solder pots and totally different nozzle sizes can be found to supply flexibility with solder portions, solder alloys, and board designs.
“Persons are amazed by the expertise of synchronous soldering. By shifting the goal board in addition to the flux and soldering applicators, the operations are sped up, and the system is shriveled,” defined Florian Strohmayer, product line supervisor, Nordson Electronics Options. “When it comes to throughput, the SELECT Synchro idea can substitute wave soldering gear whereas growing the soldering high quality and decreasing the price of possession.”
The distinctive design contained in the SELECT Synchro system will increase throughput by decreasing the time spent conveying boards as a lot as 25%. A number of solder pots will be configured, and the system balances the entire course of for effectivity and adaptability to ship superior solder joint reliability. As well as, the machine’s dimension will be as a lot as 4 occasions shorter than a typical selective soldering system, for instance, shrinking in size from 10 to 2.5 meters. Value-of-ownership is improved whereas nonetheless accommodating lengthy boards as giant as 680 x 2500 mm.