So long as you’re signed into the identical Apple ID in your iPhone and your Mac, you’ll be capable to ship and obtain these blue-bubbled iMessages out of your laptop’s Messages app. However to ship and obtain these normal, green-bubbled SMS messages, be certain your cellphone’s textual content message forwarding characteristic is on.
- Open the Settings app and faucet Messages.
- Faucet the “textual content message forwarding” possibility.
- Choose the Mac (or iPad) you wish to ship and obtain textual content messages from.
If in case you have a Mac and an Android gadget — which isn’t practically as unusual because it sounds — you will have fewer choices. Probably the most handy manner is to make use of Google’s Messages app on your textual content messages, which many Android telephones today do by default. (In case your cellphone doesn’t have already got it, you are able to do a free obtain from Google’s Play Retailer right here.)
When you’ve put in the app, open your internet browser of selection in your Mac and go to Google’s Messages web site and observe the directions to pair your cellphone and Mac by scanning the QR code in your display. After that, you’ll see your whole textual content conversations proper in your internet browser, the place you may obtain and reply so long as you keep signed in.
The best possibility right here is to make use of the identical Google Messages characteristic we simply mentioned. That mentioned, in case your PC is operating Microsoft’s Home windows 10 or Home windows 11 working methods, you need to use a particular characteristic known as Telephone Hyperlink that does much more than route your texts to the proper folks. Right here’s find out how to set it up.
- In your Home windows PC, find the search field or button in your activity bar and sort “cellphone hyperlink” after which signal into your Microsoft account if requested.
- In case your Android cellphone doesn’t have already got it, obtain and set up the “Hyperlink to Home windows” app. The Telephone Hyperlink app in your laptop will provide a hyperlink that will help you discover it.
- As soon as the app is put in in your cellphone, click on the button that lets you pair with the QR code in your laptop’s Telephone Hyperlink window after which observe the remaining directions.
Past simply sending and receiving messages, you may as well use the Telephone Hyperlink app in your PC to view your cellphone’s images in your monitor, save these recordsdata to your PC, and even run sure Android apps inside Home windows, all with out having to plug something in.
Apps like AirMessage can primarily ahead SMS messages and iMessages from an iPhone to no matter gadget you’re presently utilizing, be it an Android cellphone or a Home windows laptop computer. The catch? You normally must arrange further gear and fiddle with settings.
However when you personal an iPhone and a PC and you actually wish to shortly get in contact with somebody by way of textual content, you may attempt emailing them a textual content message. That you must know three issues for this to work:
- The cellphone variety of the particular person you’re attempting to contact
- The identify of the corporate that gives their cellphone service like Verizon or AT&T
- The particular domains these corporations use to route incoming emails to cellphones. For Verizon, it’s vtext.com. For AT&T, it’s txt.att.web. And for T-Cellular, it’s tmomail.web.
After getting all of this, you may ship an electronic mail to [recipient’s phone number]@[special domain name]. Let’s say you wish to contact a T-Cellular buyer this manner; you’d ship your (temporary) message in an electronic mail to, say, firstname.lastname@example.org.