Every year, the Google Developer Scholar Golf equipment Answer Problem invitations college college students to develop options for real-world issues utilizing a number of Google merchandise or platforms. How may you utilize Android, Firebase, TensorFlow, Google Cloud, Flutter, or any of your favourite Google applied sciences to advertise employment for all, financial development, and local weather motion?
Be a part of us to construct options for a number of of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Growth Objectives. These targets had been agreed upon in 2015 by all 193 United Nations Member States and purpose to finish poverty, guarantee prosperity, and shield the planet by 2030.
One 2022 Answer Problem participant mentioned, “I really like the way it offers the chance to make an actual impression whereas pursuing undergraduate research. It helped me apply my experience in a real-world setting, and I constructed a undertaking I can proudly showcase on my portfolio.”
Answer Problem prizes
Individuals will obtain specialised prizes at totally different phases:
- The highest 100 groups obtain personalized mentorship from Google and specialists to take options to the following degree, branded swag, and a certificates.
- The highest 10 finalists obtain further mentorship, a swag field, and the chance to showcase their options to Google groups and builders all around the globe through the digital 2023 Answer Problem Demo Day, reside on YouTube.
- Contest finalists – Along with the swag field, every particular person from the seven groups not within the high three will obtain a Money Prize of $1,000 per pupil. Winnings for every qualifying group won’t exceed $4,000.
- Prime 3 winners – Along with the swag field, every particular person from the highest 3 successful groups will obtain a Money Prize of $3,000 and a characteristic on the Google Builders Weblog. Winnings for every qualifying group won’t exceed $12,000
Becoming a member of the Answer Problem
There are 4 steps to affix the Answer Problem and get began in your undertaking:
- Register at goo.gle/solutionchallenge and be part of a Google Developer Scholar Membership at your faculty or college. If there isn’t a membership at your college, you may be part of the closest one by our occasion platform.
- Choose a number of of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Growth Objectives to deal with.
- Construct an answer utilizing Google know-how.
- Create a demo and submit your undertaking by March 31, 2023.
Google Assets for Answer Problem individuals
Google will assist Answer Problem individuals with assets to assist college students construct sturdy initiatives, together with:
- Dwell on-line periods with Q&As
- Mentorship from Google, Google Developer Consultants, and the Google Developer Scholar Membership group
- Curated Codelabs designed by Google Builders
- Entry to Design Dash tips developed by Google Ventures
- and extra!
“In the course of the preparation and competitors, we realized an awesome deal,” mentioned a 2022 Answer Problem group member. “That was a part of the rationale we selected to take part on this competitors: the training alternatives are infinite.”
Winner announcement dates
As soon as all initiatives are submitted, our panel of judges will consider and rating every submission utilizing particular standards.
After that, winners shall be introduced in three rounds.
Spherical 1 (April): The highest 100 groups shall be introduced.
Spherical 2 (June): After the highest 100 groups submit their new and improved options, 10 finalists shall be introduced.
Spherical 3 (August): The highest 3 grand prize winners shall be introduced reside on YouTube through the 2023 Answer Problem Demo Day.
We will’t wait to see the options you create together with your ardour for constructing a greater world, coding expertise, and a bit of assist from Google applied sciences.
Study extra and join the 2023 Answer Problem right here.
I obtained the time to push my creativity to the following degree. It helped me attain extra data from extra educated folks by increasing my community. Working collectively and constructing one thing was an awesome problem and the most effective experiences, too. I favored the concept of engaged on the problem to current an answer.
~2022 Answer Problem participant